Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pre Production for Art Chicas 2009

I was pleased as punch to be a part of Art Chicas for another year.
2009 artists were Myself, Nicole Horn, Kael Alford and Emily Stewart.
Now it was time to get to work. Things that needed to be completed for this year

Preliminary Location Scouting-

We went out to the woods and looked around for inspiration.

I took a couple of quick panoramas to have something to look at as a reference.




Find a crew -
I have had the pleasure to work with many amazing people on my projects in the past. What I needed for this series was

A Fashion Stylist, this person handles wardrobe and an extra eye for overall aesthetics
A Make-up Artist, this person transforms the models appearance to fit the need of the concept
A Model, this person will become the character of the short conceptual story

Prepare a production schedule-
When working on a series of images I like to lay out a time map that will allow for organized work flow on shoot day.

Pre-Pro Meetings -
I had a pre-pro meeting with the Stylist to discuss wardrobe and the overall concept, Many many emails for model and make-up selection.

Prepare -
This concept had me digging into some deeper topics and I wanted to be prepared for any questions that may come up. I also wanted to have a firm hold on my own understanding of the concept.

I prepared a production packet for the crew and the gals. Packed all of my gear and was ready for work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment